EMBRACING YOURSELF AND ALL THAT YOU ARE By Ella Miller
No matter how busy we are, most of us still manage to put energy into our friends, family and other people in our lives. It's important to invest in others to keep building those relationships. But just be sure you're also putting energy in being kind to yourself. Shows of self-love can have positive effects in various areas of your life, from being a more patient parent to a less-stressed co-worker to a more fulfilled, loving partner. Here are some quick tips on how to show yourself some care, love, and kindness:
1. First thing in the morning when you wake up, affirm out loud (or at least in your head) that you are worthy and deserving of good things. Positive thinking can set the tone for the rest of your day. 2. Allow yourself breaks. We're not bots, we're human. Give yourself timeouts to de-stress, breathe, and do what you love. Life isn't just about go, go, go. You can't be your best unless you take time to recharge.
3. Don't compromise your standards. You don't have to settle. You know your worth so get what you want... even if it means waiting a bit longer to get it. 4. Speak your truth. Don't let other people's opinions discourage you from sticking to your guns and what you believe in.
5. Replace negative self-talk with positive thoughts and words. What we tell ourselves has the power to bring us down or build us up! Up is the best way to go.
6. Show kindness and compassion to others, including strangers. Your actions speak loudly. Engage in positive acts for others and you will more easily be able to do the same for yourself.
7. Don't be too hard on yourself. Nobody's perfect. Don't beat yourself up if things don't go exactly like you had hoped. Remember, nothing in life is certain and as long as you tried your best, you did what you could. That's commendable!
8. Push yourself in fresh, new directions. Growth comes from trying new things, even if they're a little scary. Once you get through, you'll be ready to try something else and grow a bit more!